* 4” Maximum distance from the vertical & horizontal edges.
|Steel Hat Channel**|
|Steel Z-Furring Channel**|
|3 ½” EPDM Rubber Strip|
|1 ¼” EPDM Rubber Strip|
|5/16″ Gap Between Sheets|
|Stainless Steel; Pan Head Screw|
|1” Minimum Screw Distance from Vertical Edge*|
|2 ¾”Minimum Screw Distance from Horizontal Edge*|
|24” Maximum Spacer Distance in Vertical Plane (facade)|
|16″ max. Furring Distance in Horizontal Plane (soffit)|
|16” Maximum Screw Distance in Vertical Plane < 8 Floors|
|12” Maximum Screw Distance in Vertical Plane & Furring 1-1/2″min. > 8 Floors|
This image is for demonstration purposes only and ALL information contained in our Product Guide must be used for proper installation.
- The steel must be 16 or 18 gauge.
- The holes must be pre-drilled oversized using a 9/32” carbide tip drill bit with the center screw being the fixed point using a 7/32” carbide tip drill bit.
- Remember to install the center screw first then continue in a spiral.
- The screws must not be over tightened. Over tightening the screws will restrict the panel’s movement & will cause cracking.
- The spacers may never be longer than 10’.
- There must be a 1/2” gap between the spacers.
- There should be 21 screws in a 4’x 8’ board.
- There should be 24 screws in a 4’x 10’ board